Monday, February 20, 2012

Snicker-chip-doodle Cookies


I love cookies.

I mean, I SERIOUSLY love cookies. I've made my fair share of cookie recipes, and while there is nothing wrong with chocolate chip cookies, or snickerdoodles, or any of those lovely classics, I definitely like interesting cookies.



So, when I saw a recipe for these guys, I pretty much bolted to the kitchen and started making them immediately.


They did not disappoint.


Here is the recipe (Adapted from Jessica's recipe at How Sweet Eats):
- 1/2 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup toffee chips (eg skor bits)
for coating cookies in: 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon

I slightly adapted the recipe, because I like my cookies chip-y, and because I found the cinnamon-sugar coating for the cookies too cinnamon-y. You probably don't even need a full 1/4 cup of sugar.

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, for about 5 minutes. Then, add in egg and vanilla, mixing for about 2 minutes. Next, add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in the 2 tbsp of milk, and if you find the dough is still crumbly, continue adding milk until the dough comes together, 1 tbsp at a time. Stir in chocolate chips and toffee. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

Once the 30 minutes is over, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine your sugar and cinnamon for dipping in a small bowl. Take the dough and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls, and then roll in the sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet (I cook mine on parchment paper, because I find the toffee chips burn unless baked on parchment.) Bake for 8-10 minutes.


Try not to eat them all yourself. Although, seriously, that's much easier said than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment