Monday, February 20, 2012

No-bake Nutella Cookies

As you all know, I have a bit of an unhealthy relationship with Pinterest.

I have this little routine where I roam the pages of the Food and Drink boards, repinning recipes to my heart's delight. And then, when the mood strikes me to bake something new and awesome (Which, obviously, strikes very frequently), I'll go onto my Pinterest boards and find something to try out.

This recipe was something I remember baking years ago as a kid in a baking class I took one year. I then found it on Pinterest, and decided to give it another go.

No regrets.

Here is the recipe (From Chef In Training):
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 and 1/2 cup quick oats
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup nutella (You could use peanut butter instead if you'd rather have Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies)

Cook the sugar, milk, margarine, and cocoa over moderate heat until the mixture comes to a full boil, and then cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add oats, vanilla and nutella. Mix until combined. Spoon onto parchment paper and let cool and firm up. Enjoy!

You'll notice the author from Chef at Training calls these cookies "Gorilla Poops." You'll also notice I do not. Ew.

No comments:

Post a Comment