Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beer BBQ Crockpot Chicken

So, I dislike beer. I know, I know, that's a cardinal sin to most people. But, there's something about it that I just don't like..
... And that something is that it tastes like a boot.

But. I found a recipe on my favourite food blog, www.howsweeteats.com, that was for Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken. And, since I love everything I've ever made from that site, I decided to give it a try!

I essentially followed her recipe, but:
- used Diana's BBQ sauce (and also used less sauce than she asked for)
- used more beer than she asked for
- added Wosterchire sauce
- added Sri Racha
- added cayenne pepper

And, here's my final product:


Now, I'm trying to eat very healthy, so I skipped putting the chicken on a bun, and ate it with a ton of salad. But, it would be FANTASTIC on a bun, in enchiladas, on pasta... Pretty much any way you could get it in your mouth, it's delicious. It is the most tender chicken I've ever had.

Here is Jessica's recipe: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/10/crockpot-bbq-beer-chicken/

Go. NOW. Her website is delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment